Wednesday, July 8, 2009

1 in 6 Americans actively looking for a job

I heard this the other day. It's pretty astonishing to think of that number while hitting the submit button all day, knowing I'm probably 1 of 100 applicants each day for that position.

It made me think. When I was young, I didn't use the word "Father" for God. I always used God, Lord and so forth. But now that I've grown and matured a bit in my walk, I have come to understand what it means to call him "Father". I always understood the Trinity, it was just a mindset I had I guess.

My dad has always provided everything I need. I was a pretty rotten kid, but he worked his tail off to make sure I was taken care of. Whether it was making sure we had food, entertainment for me or anything else, I fully trusted that my life would be taken care of here on earth. He would always answer questions I had. Sometimes I hated those answers, sometimes I still hate his answers, but I can trust that they are true.

But now I can't rely as much on my dad. He can't force that hiring manager to consider me. He can guide me through it, but he can't full out provide me a job that will enable me to take care of my family. Knowing this, I have to rely on my Father who will provide me that job. I need Him to have my full trust, my full attention.

My Father gave me eternall life by sending His Son to die for me, my worthless self. It's time for me to call out to Him for everything, be it a job or answers to other prayers. I need to ask my Father to show me the way and be assured he will show me.

Life is not easy. But if it is in Christ... it is so worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment